PruittHealth Cook HCC in Gainesville, Georgia
Prepares palatable, nutritionally sound meals consistent with departmental policies and procedures and consistent with state and federal laws and regulations that meet daily nutritional and special diet needs of each patient/resident. Ensures that foods are prepared and served at the proper temperature and the proper time. Works with Dietary Director or Manager to allocate resources in an efficient manner so that each patient/resident receives food in the amount, type, consistency and frequency to maintain acceptable body weight, nutritional values, and quality of life.
* KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: *
1. Working knowledge of food handling, preparation and storage techniques that comply with state and federal laws and regulations
2. Ability to apply regulations to work situations of cook and to supervision of staff assistants.
3. Appreciation of the importance of food preparation in enhancing quality of life for patients/residents
4. Follows recipes and prepares foods that correspond to menu cycles prepared by Dietitian.
5. Cooks or prepares palatable, attractive, nutritionally adequate meals in institutional quantities that are served at proper times
6. Supervises kitchen staff who assist with food preparation, assembling trays, cleaning and storage of supplies and equipment
7. Continuously cleans food service work areas as food preparation and service is done
8. Uses food supplies and equipment in an efficient and economic manner to prevent waste.
9. Prepares and maintains supply of food substitutes to accommodate resident choices, cultural, ethnic and religious preferences
10. Inspects trays following meal service to monitor and record resident acceptance of menu items. Reports findings to Dietary Director or Manager
11. Uses food preparation equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions. Follows proper cleaning techniques and preventative maintenance schedules
12. Handles, stores, disposes of food supplies and prepared food in accord with department procedures and in compliance with state and federal regulations
13. Uses personal protective equipment as needed
14. Follows facility procedures for resident trays that require special handling
15. Inspects food service work areas for evidence of rodents or pests, safety or fire hazards, housekeeping and maintenance problems
16. Corrects problem and/or reports problems promptly to Dietary Manager
17. Communicates with Dietary Manager throughout shift as needed to best meet needs of residents
18. Assists with preparation for state inspections
19. Attends survey training. Interacts with state surveyors as instructed by supervisor
20. Reports injury to self or other to supervisor immediately
* MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: *
Sufficient education to demonstrate functional literacy
* MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: *
One (1) year institutional food service experience as a cook.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
* ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications) *
High School diploma or equivalent preferred.Previous long term dietary/food service experience preferred
Primary Location Georgia-Gainesville
Shift 1st Shift
Job Posting Sep 26, 2018, 2:46:40 PM
Req ID: 1806348
PruittHealth is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its personnel practices against its partners or qualified applicants for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or a protected veteran.